Filière du vin
The Wine Sector Restructuring Programme, conceived by the Moldovan government and the European Investment Bank (EIB), aims to address structural weaknesses in the Moldovan wine industry, from vineyard to final packaging and dispatch of wine. The programme assists small and medium-sized enterprises active in this sector, including local growers, winemakers and associated industries such as bottle production.
To contribute to the recovery of the wine sector recovery and develop the production of quality bottled wines of “Protected Designation of Origin” (PDO) and/or “Protected Geographical Indication” (PGI), by:
- Restructuring the wine industry;
- Improving the quality and consistency of wine produced in Moldova from the quality of vineyards to the final packaging and dispatch of products;
- Diversifying the country’s export markets.
- Local growers, winemakers and associated industries.
Financing instruments of the programme include:
- Leasing of winemaking and viticulture equipment and machinery
Technical assistance includes:
- Seminars (‘train the trainers’) for participating financial institutions to familiarise them on project objectives and priorities;
- Consultation and support for final beneficiaries on crediting requirements, business plan elaboration and procurement procedures, etc.
- Participation in local and international forums and exhibitions/fairs to build up the program’s image and hold discussions with winemakers, share information on programme opportunities, etc.
Results have been achieved in various areas:
- Institution building (e.g. the development of the National Office of Vine and Wine, NOVW);
- Legal approximation (e.g. the technical regulation ‘Organisation in the wine market’ entered into force);
- Improvement in the knowledge level of sector organisations (e.g. a study for NOVW members and regional wine associations on the system of producing wines);
- Introduction of new marketing and financial tools (e.g. the presentation of a guarantee mechanism for EIB loans to all relevant actors).