EU4BUSINESS: Network of Business Support Centres Ukraine
The programme aims to improve the competitiveness and ability to access finance of Ukrainian SMEs through the provision of business advice and capacity building, as well as preparation for financing from the EBRD and other financial institutions. Furthermore, the programme supports the creation of a network of 15 business services centres across the country to support SMEs in accessing the right financing and know-how support for their business. At least 30,000 SMEs and entrepreneurs will benefit from the project.
The overall objective is to contribute to sustainable economic growth in Ukraine through companies’ growth, enhancing employment opportunities and regional prosperity.
Specifically, the project aims to:
- Establish a functional and effective system of business advice covering the territory of Ukraine.
- Improve the competitiveness of SMEs through better business skills, understanding of new markets and adaptation of innovations.
- Improve SMEs' understanding of industry-specific know-how.
- Increase the credit resources available for SMEs.
SMEs operating in all sectors with a special focus on businesses from the selected sub-sectors of: agriculture, food processing and packaging, tourism, innovation, ICT, manufacturing and professional services, logistics, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) and the green economy.
- Establishment of Business Support Centres (BSCs) in 15 regions of Ukraine
- Trainings for selected BSCs to build their knowledge in terms of business support instruments available for companies in Ukraine, including COSME and HORIZON programmes
- Online Help Desk providing access to industry experts across several industries on business development, access to markets and other enquires from local SMEs
- EBRD business advisory services through local consultants or industry expertise through international advisors
- Dissemination of best practices through seminars, workshops and visibility events
- SME training seminars to train entrepreneurs and managers in DCFTA-related technical regulations, quality and standards
- Export promotion trainings for SMEs and consultants
- Awareness-raising activities aiming to help Ukrainian companies to increase competitiveness within the context of the DCFTA
- Supporting companies’ participation in international specialised exhibitions and trade fairs
The 15 Business Support Centres are now active across the country. In addition, more than 78 SMEs have accessed business advice under the programme and €17 in finance has been provided by the EBRD in finance.
- 73 SMEs benefited from direct advisory support by local consultants and 5 from international advisers;
- 60 local consultants qualified;
- 3 SMEs received financing for the total amount of ca. EUR 17 mln;
- 71 presentations were delivered to raise awareness and promote opportunities under the Action, reaching over 4,900 participants;
- Over 1,000 references in Social Media, the average reach was equal over 2,000, where the highest rate hit 16,775 views;
- EBRD and EU have been mentioned in 2,058 publications.
Find the contact details of all BSCs here.