Accelerating development of sustainable micro-entrepreneurship in rural regions of Azerbaijan
The project targets micro and small-scale rural business entrepreneurs and their families in five rural regions (Ganja city, Shamkir, Guba, Barda and Zagatala), aiming to help them start or expand their own business by equipping them with skills and seed capital, as well as helping men and women to better manage their household budgets.
The overall objective of the project is to support the establishment and development of micro-businesses, thus assisting the rural population in income generation and job creation. Specifically, the project aims to strengthen the capacities of men and women in selected rural areas to enable them to manage their household finance and/or to increase their employment opportunities by equipping them with the skills and seed capital needed to start their own business.
Micro and small-scale rural business entrepreneurs living in rural areas and who are interested to start or expand their own businesses.
- Financial education trainings to men and women in target regions (10 per year)
- ‘Start & improve your business’ trainings for micro-entrepreneurs from rural areas (5 trainings per year)
- Development of new training module on cooperatives – how rural farmers and micro-businesses can create cooperative: principles, benefits and experience from Europe
- Provide business start-ups with seed capital for procurement of equipment, raw material, etc.
- Training of mentors to support targeted start-ups
- Entrepreneurship Fair including facilitated B2B meetings
- Organisation of conference to share experience gained; case study on lessons learned on supporting rural start-ups
By the end of the project, the following results will be achieved:
- At least 500 people equipped with financial education knowledge on managing personal/home budget in targeted regions
- At least 150 entrepreneurs improve their business management skills
- At least 50 entrepreneurs provided with in-kind seed capital and benefiting from mentoring advice from experienced business consultants
- Access to market facilitated for 100 entrepreneurs as project champions
- Capacities of financial education trainers are strengthened