A series of EU4Business trainings on export opportunities is being organised by the Business Support Centre in Odesa, with the support of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). The basic level training takes place on 4-5 December, followed by an advanced level training on 7-9 December.
The export trainings will be a unique opportunity for representatives of Ukrainian SMEs who wish to develop and diversify their business, aiming to export to the European Union but lacking the experience.
For the first time in Odesa, a consultant for trading giants such as Adidas, Xerox, Motorola, SITPRO, BP Chemicals, Wogen Resources, Corus Steel, Molton Brown, General Dynamics and many others, Johnatan Yan Valden, Chief Advisor to CrownAgents (UK), is conducting two series of intensive workshops with case studies.
The training consists of two levels:
- Basic Level - Export Practice and Procedures for New Exporters
- Advanced Level - Export Practice and Trade Finance
The main topics of the training include:
- Assessment of new markets and preferential trade agreements
- Market access databases and IFC indexes "Trade across borders"
- Export market research
- WTO Agreement on Trade Facilitation - What does it mean for exporters
- Export credit risk - commercial, sovereign, bank risks
- Export loan management and credit risk minimization
- Sources of credit information
- Choosing the appropriate method and payment deadline
- Forfaiting, factoring, credit risk insurance
- International Settlement Instruments: Advance Payment, Open Account, Documentary Collection,
- Bills of exchange, documentary letters of credit.
- Combination of payment methods with international commercial terms Incoterms
- Practice for documentary credits - UCP 600
- International Banking Standards - 2017 Revision
- Documents with divergences - problems and solutions, addressing the differences
- DOCDEX rules
- Overview of Incoterms 2010 and WCO SAFE news
Training will be delivered in English with simultaneous translation into Ukrainian.
The EU4Business Network of Business Support Centres, implemented by the EBRD, aims to improve the competitiveness and bankability of Ukrainian SMEs through the provision of business advice and capacity building. It also supports BSOs in 15 regions of Ukraine in setting up a network of EU4Business Business Support Centres (BSCs). At least 30,000 SMEs and entrepreneurs will benefit from the project.
Basic Level – 4-5/12/2017
Advanced Level – 7-9/12/2017
The deadline for applications to take part both trainings is 29 November.
To register for the basic training click here.
To register for the advanced training click here.
The training course fee is UAH 2,430 per level (taking into account the partial compensation of EU). The cost of the training includes handouts, light breakfasts, coffee breaks and lunches.
For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call+38 (067) 484 82 26 ; +38 (048) 729 32 03