Titled, ‘Self-regulation in Ukraine: balancing the interests of business, state, and consumers’, the round-table will discuss the following issues:
- Competent self-regulation as a guarantee of sustainable development of the Ukrainian economy
- Self-regulation in EU directives – best practices for Ukraine
- Key stakeholders’ cooperation for achieving common goals
- Self-regulation as a model of market regulation: possibilities, challenges, and perspectives
- Creating business-oriented regulation through constructive dialogue between the state and business.
The BRDO will also present the Green Book on “Self-regulation in Ukraine” and the content of self-regulation reform in the country, raising the issues of why and for who is self-regulation needed, the difference between self-regulation and co-regulation, and the absence of framework law.
Among the speakers will be:
- Denys Hutenko, Head of the Department of Entrepreneurship Develoment and Regulatory Policy, Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine
- Viktor Halasiuk, Head of the Parliament Committee for Industry Policy and Entrepreneurship
- Pavlo Mikhailidi, President of the Union of Crisis-Managers of Ukraine
- Oleksii Kyi, President of the Professional Association of Capital Markets and Derivatives Members
- Hennadii Chyzhykov, President of the Trade and Industry Chamber of Ukraine
- Mykhailo Sokolov, Deputy Head of All-Ukrainian Agrarian Council
- Vadym Hutoshnyk, General Director of Joint Ukrainian-German Enterprise “STS Nord- Diex”
- Larysa Starikova, Coordinator of the Analytical Centre of the Agrarian Union of Ukraine
- Vladyslav Sedyk, President of the Phytosanitary Association of Ukraine
Part of the EU4Business initiative, the EU-funded FORBIZ project supports Ukraine’s reform agenda and its economic recovery by proposing a systemic change to a more business-friendly environment with a particular focus on SMEs. The project seeks to steer a shift in policy towards greater recognition of SMEs and the vital role they play in economic recovery, while addressing the challenge of reducing regulatory burden and lessening risk for businesses.
Participants should register online.
For additional information call: +38 063 440 47 07